Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile. Veneers can be used to completely reshape your teeth and smile.
Veneers can be used to fix the following problems:
• Crooked teeth
• Misshapen teeth
• Severely discolored or stained teeth
• Teeth that are too small or large
• Unwanted or uneven spaces
• Worn or chipped teeth
The benefits of porcelain veneers include:
• Enhanced confidence
• Long-lasting, natural-looking results
• Correct multiple dental flaws
• Resistance to stains
• Restored function to your mouth
• Customized to your smiles needs
• Relatively quick, minimally invasive procedure
• All-natural materials are used
Porcelain veneers are placed through the following steps:
• The dentist makes an impression, or mold, of the prepared teeth. The dentist also decides on the veneer shade that will be best for your smile.
• The impression is sent to a dental lab that custom-makes the porcelain veneers to fit your teeth. This may take several days. The dentist may give you temporary veneers to wear in the meantime.
• At the next visit, the dentist places the veneers on the teeth to check the fit and shape. After any adjustments, the teeth are cleaned and the veneers are bonded to the tooth.
If you are thinking about veneers, contact us today at Fine Arts Dentistry to learn more or to schedule an appointment.